Guest Post: Top Five Things To Give to Molly for her Birthday
Hello, my name is Roxanne D. Howard, and I write contemporary erotic romance. Today I’d like to discuss the top five things I’d give to my character, Molly Ivers, for her birthday. Molly is the heroine of my newest release with Loose Id Publishing, Chicks Dig the Accent. Art below by Bianca Duarte.
- A long day at the spa – Molly is on the verge of graduating with her master’s degree in anthropology. She’s spent the last two years as a library rat and serious student in addition to her job, and while men have come and gone in her life, girlfriend needs a serious chill-out day and would benefit from soothing music, stones on her back, and a deep tissue massage. She’s earned it!
- A small sculpture – Molly’s job outside of school is an exhibitions archivist at the local museum. She won an internship at the Musee D’Orsay in Paris, and part of her daily work is to restore ancient artifacts and to prepare special exhibits for certain times of the year. She has a deep love of the past and all things historical. I’d love to give her a small sculpture she can stow away in her suitcase for when she leaves for France.
- A big box of Godiva chocolate – Molly adores Girl’s Night Out and hanging with her BFF Nell. She enjoys a good Veg Fest, and sometimes proper chocolate is just what the doctor ordered.
- An Impressionist art print – Molly adores Claude Monet, and especially with her upcoming trip to Paris, she’d do well with a nice, framed art print from the Impressionist period.
- A sexy piece of lingerie – Molly is a feminist and would never buy herself something naughty without a bit of persuading or friendly pestering. Now that her old flame and friend, Evan Castle, is sniffing around, she has more reason than ever to want to wear one. She’s acquired a life coach, who is helping her let her hair down a little more and preparing her for Paris. I think trying something new like lingerie would help her confidence and throw some spiciness into her sex life.
About the Book
Title: Chicks Dig the Accent
Author: Roxanne D. Howard
Publisher: Loose Id LLC
Cover artist: Natasha Snow
Release date: 8/23/2016
Purchase Link: http://www.loose-id.com/chicks-dig-the-accent.html
Word count: 33,170
Page count (PDF): 107
Molly Ivers has always known she’d marry a foreign man with a delicious accent. Six months ago, in a night of unbridled passion, Molly gave her virginity to her friend and sexy-as-can-be neighbor, rocker Evan Castle. Unfortunately, thanks to his swarm of constant groupies, things didn’t work out, but they remained friends. Now, after having just broken up with her boring, run-of-the-mill, right wing boyfriend Sean, she’s on the verge of finishing her graduate degree, moving to Paris, and is desperate to shake things up!
She’s had a crush on Nicholas Sullivan, her British professor, for as long as she can remember. So when opportunity comes knocking to spice up her appearance in the form of a French life coach, she hires Jean Luc Dubois to help her let her hair down and become more Parisian and hip…to reflect the person she is within. Thanks to Jean Luc’s magic, she starts to catch her hunky English professor’s eye, but the more time she spends with Evan, the more she begins to realize that her Prince Charming might just be the one she’s known all along.
Roxanne D. Howard is a romance novelist who resides in the mid-western United States. Her first novel, At the Heart of the Stone, was published in February 2016 with Loose Id. Roxanne is a U.S. Army veteran, and has a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and English. She loves to read poetry, classical literature, and Stephen King. She is also an avid Star Wars fan, musical theater nut, and loves everything related to marine biology. She is the proud mother of two beautiful girls, several pets, and loves to spend time with her husband and children when she’s not writing. Roxanne loves to hear from her readers, and she can be contacted at email@example.com. To find out more, please visit her website at www.roxannedhoward.com.