I’m hosting a guest post today for the book tour for contemporary romance “Blue Wide Sky”. Enjoy!
5 Reasons Why Books are Good for You
- Reading helps you relax, de-stress at the end of a long day. According to an article in the Telegraph, “Psychologists believe this is because the human mind has to concentrate on reading and the distraction of being taken into a literary world eases the tensions in muscles and the heart.”
- Reading makes you more articulate. Have you noticed that people who read have excellent vocabularies.
- Reading stimulates your brain.
- Reading can enhance a person’s ability to be empathetic. When you experience something through a character’s eyes, witness their thoughts and feelings, it gives you the ability to empathize with them. The world definitely needs more empathetic people.
- Reading makes you more interesting. When you read a lot, you know lots of things. Sometimes, you don’t even realize how much you know until someone mentions something, and you know about it because you’ve read about it!
About the Book
Author: Inglath Cooper
Genre: Contemporary Romance
First love. . . forever love.
Sixteen-year old Gabby Hayden wasn’t the kind of girl who gave a hoot about boys. She had a few real loves. Water-skiing, going out on Smith Mountain Lake with her dad and her dog. Anything else ranked a distant second. Until the summer smart, caring, gorgeous Sam Tatum gave her his heart. It had been the most wonderful time of her life, lazy days hanging out at the dock, skinny-dipping at midnight, staring up at the stars from the back of Sam’s truck.
They are planning their future together when Sam’s father is transferred to South Africa. Devastated, Gabby and Sam promise to wait for each other during the two years before he returns for college. But lonely and angry, Sam makes a mistake that will change the course of both their lives.
Years later, an unexpected diagnosis brings Sam home to his parents’ house on Smith Mountain Lake where he believes he can find peace and acceptance. What he finds, however, is the girl he once loved, now a woman unwilling to lose him again, a woman who will make him realize that both love and life are worth fighting for.
RITA AWARD WINNING AUTHOR INGLATH COOPER writes books that aim to give her readers a mini-vacation. A stretch of time during which they can visit other places and other people’s lives. Her books have reached the top 100 Amazon Kindle Bestseller list, with Truths and Roses hitting #11.
Inglath Cooper’s Nashville series became a reality after she spent time in Music City, writing lyrics with other songwriters. She fell in love with the community and gets to revisit regularly through her characters.
Readers on the Nashville series:
“The characters are great, and so is the story line.” – Catherine Emmons, Amazon.com Reader
“The way the story started and the way it has ended makes me want more.” – Robin Ostrowski, Amazon.com Reader
“I was hooked from the first chapter and can’t wait to read Part Two!” – MomLovestoRead – Amazon.com Reader
Visit her website at: www.inglathcooper.com
Follow her on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/inglathcooperbooks. She loves to engage with readers there!
Subscribe to her mailing list and get a FREE book at:
Buy the Book on Amazon